504 El Paraiso NE
Albuquerque, NM 87113
Summary of Qualifications
- Experienced in project management, sales, coordination of design-build project, preparation of cost estimates, field coordination, production engineering, safety management, purchasing and general management: involving commercial projects, light industrial, government facilities, andpre-engineered buildings.
- Experience with design built projects from sales, conceptual, construction, through project closeout.
- Thorough knowledge of the metal building industry, with specific knowledge of Varco Pruden and Butler Manufacturing pre-engineered products and systems.
- Knowledge of staffing job personnel and equipment for construction projects including plumbing, mechanical, and site work.
- Experience with estimating, permitting, purchasing and management of all trades including plumbing, mechanical and civil trades.
- Knowledge of computer software including VP Command, Microsoft products, Sure Track, Etc.
- Thorough knowledge of portable or modular building industry.
Summary of 38 plus years of construction experience
Project Manager – was responsible for total administration of multiple assigned projects including contract negotiations and client presentations. Evaluated subcontractors bids, prepared estimates, plan review, obtained permits, purchased material, supplies, and equipment, processed and prepared change order, prepared job schedules, job tracking, all correspondence, invoicing, and collections.
Administrator – Set-up and maintained policy book and safety program. Set upcompany crews to perform the following work: concrete (flat and site work), metal stud framing, drywall, ironwork (both misc. steel and building erection), plumbing (including fire hydrants, sewer taps, etc.) HVAC…Basically all trades except floor coverings and electrical. Weekly scheduling of all construction personnel. By-monthly safety meetings. Hiring and firing of construction personnel. Handled disputes, including arbitrations.
Field Coordinator – Responsible for staffing personnel, equipment required on all projects. Established and maintained preventive maintenance program for all equipment. Responsible for all warehouse personnel. Placed and tracked all pre-engineered orders including associated items. Assigned field personnel for job closeout and warranty work. Recommended assignment of field superintendents and purchase of new equipment.
2002-Present Formed and operates Teague Properties LLC., hold and develop commercial properties.
1999-Present Formed and operates AllSteel, Inc., erecting numerous brands of pre-engineered buildings, completing over 500 projects, including most of the buildings sold by GarVin Construction.
1998-Present Formed and operates GarVin Construction, Inc., specializing in Varco Pruden Building pre-engineered building systems, completing over 175 general construction and provide and erect projects to date.
1989-1997 Banes Southwest Inc., Project Manager/Administrator/Vice President, one of the founders
1979-1989 Banes Company Inc., Project Manager/Field Coordinator lastemployee to leave, when the Albuquerque operation was closed
1978-1979 Incolay Studios Inc., production, research and development
1976-1978 Canyon Casting, self employed
University of New Mexico (1971-1975 and 1979-1982) Basic studies with extra credits
Technical Vocation Institute (1975-1977) Machine tools and welding studies
Many various seminars on management, building systems, safety, etc.